Wednesday, 05 September 2007
There are multiple utilities you can use to extract the data contained within MSI files. You can, however, do it straight from the command line. Here's how:
- Click Start -> Run (This brings the Run dialog box)
- In the Run dialog box type cmd and press Enter (This launches the Command Prompt)
- Use the following command to perform the extraction:
msiexec /a filepath to MSI file /qb TARGETDIR=filepath to target folder
Replace filepath with the path of the MSI file.
Replace filepath to target folder with the path of the folder you want the files to be extracted to
Example: msiexec /a c:\filetest.msi /qb TARGETDIR=c:\test
- Press Enter and you're done. The files within the MSI installer will be extracted to the folder you specified.
- How to download YouTube videos to your computer
- The quotes of George W. Bush
- How to convert FLV (Flash Video) to AVI, MPEG
- How to hide hard-drives in Windows XP
- Simple tips to help reduce stress
- How to hide yourself from users on a network
This post was written by: cyberst0rm
Blogging about technology since 2007. Feel free to leave a comment below.