Tuesday, 07 February 2012
This article explains How to uninstall Symantec Anti Virus without a password the easy way! Just follow the steps outlined below.
When removing Symantec anti virus you often need to supply a password for the uninstall to run. This can be a very big pain if you've forgotten the password or if the original install was done by an administrator that has long since left. As usual, there is a work around. Here's how to remove SAV without supplying a password:
- Press Windows Key + R (This brings up the run dialog box)
- Type regedit and press Enter (This will open the Registry editor)
- Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\LANDesk\VirusProtect6\CurrentVersion\AdministratorOnly\Security
- Look for a DWORD value called UseVPUninstallPassword. Once you find it, double click it.
- Change the value of UseVPUninstallPassword to 0 (zero) and click OK [See pic below]
- You can now close the Registry Editor window
- We're done! You will now be able to uninstall Symantec anti virus without the annoying password request!
Learning how to uninstall Symantec Anti Virus without a password is really that simple!
This post was written by: cyberst0rm
Blogging about technology since 2007. Feel free to leave a comment below.