Wednesday, 14 November 2007

How to remove the shortcut arrow from desktop icons in Windows XP

Follow these simple steps to remove the shortcut arrow from desktop icons in Windows XP:


- Press Windows key + R (This brings up the Run dialog box)

- Type regedit and press Enter (The opens Registry Editor)

- Navigate to: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\lnkfile

-
Delete the IsShortcut registry value [See pic below]





Enjoyed this post? Subscribe via RSS or EMail! Thanks for visiting!

Suggested Reading
- How to stop Windows from asking to your restart after an update
- How to fix "BOOTMGR is missing" in Windows Vista
- How to enable the hidden boot logo in Windows Vista
- How to add blind carbon copy (BCC) to Windows Mail
- How to change the registered user and/or company name in Windows Vista
- How to disable writing to USB devices in Windows Vista



Cant find it? Try searching:


4 Responses to “How to remove the shortcut arrow from desktop icons in Windows XP”

Anonymous said...
20 November 2007 at 09:07

before few months i felt afraid to touch "regedit". but now i don't for u guys. u all helped me to drive the fear and also gave me many tips to make things ok. thanks.


Anonymous said...
20 November 2007 at 18:00

Dude, I actually used this tip. Can you believe it? I usually used to let the tips and tricks software do it for me but now I know how to do it myself thanks to this usefull bit of information. Thanks a stack!
Jeevs


CyberSt0rm said...
21 November 2007 at 13:33

Tweaking the Windows registry can yield many graphical and even performance benefits. Tread carefully though...one false move may cause damage to your operating system rendering it unable to boot!

Glad you learned something though!


Anonymous said...
16 July 2011 at 02:35

A person necessarily help to make seriously posts I'd state. This is the first time I frequented your web page and thus far? I surprised with the analysis you made to make this particular submit extraordinary. Fantastic task!
Fantastic web site. Plenty of useful information here. I¡¦m sending it to several buddies ans also sharing in delicious. And of course, thanks in your sweat!
hello!,I really like your writing very so much! proportion we be in contact extra about your article on AOL? I need an expert in this area to solve my problem. May be that is you! Having a look forward to look you.


All Rights Reserved cyberst0rm