Tuesday, 24 April 2007
If you mistakenly typed an incorrect registered user and/or company name when instaliing Vista and find yourself looking for a way to change it, you've come to the right place. Here's how its done:
- Press Windows key + R (This will bring up the Run dialog)
- In the Run dialog box type regedit and press Enter
- Once Registry Editor is opened navigate to the following:
- On the right hand window pane you will see multiple String and DWORD values. Look for RegisteredOrganization and RegisteredOwner [See pic below]
- You can double-click on each and change them to whatever you like. Click OK after typing.
You can now close the Registry Editor and were done. This does not require a reboot.
NOTE: This method works for Windows XP as well.
This post was written by: cyberst0rm
Blogging about technology since 2007. Feel free to leave a comment below.