Sunday, 09 September 2007
After successfully updating Windows, the operating system will almost always require a restart. This required restart is presented to you in the form of a dialog box that has no close button! This can be extremely annoying especially if you plan to restart at a later time
Luckily with a simple command we can disable this dialog box. Here's how:
- Click -> Run (This opens the Run dialog box)
- Type cmd and press Enter (This brings up the Command Prompt window)
- Type the command sc stop wuauserv
This command stops the service responsible for the popup that asks if you want to restart now or later.
- How to open accidentally closed tabs in Firefox
- How to remove the recyline bin icon from your desktop in Windows XP
- How to download YouTube videos to your computer
- Simple tips to help reduce stress
- Error 404
This post was written by: cyberst0rm
Blogging about technology since 2007. Feel free to leave a comment below.