Wednesday, 05 December 2007
Windows X, last week, released Vista Transformation Pack 8. VTP 8 adds even more Vista-like ness to your Windows XP machine.
This, latest version of Vista Transformation Pack 8 almost completely replicates the Window Vista GUI all without Vista's hefty price-tag or compromising XP's stability.
Included in this release is the WinFlip application, which clones the Flip3D task switcher found in Vista. TrueTransparency 0.8.5 which bring Aero glass-like transparency effects has also been added to VTP8.
Here’s a brief list of changes seen in VTP 8:
- Added TrueTransparency 0.8.5 (Glass border with ported AeroStyle skin)
- Added WinFlip 0.42 (Vista 3DFlip)
- Updated Vista Sidebar to version 2.3 Lite
- Updated Vista Sidebar user account configuration in Welcome Center
- Updated ViStart to build 2661
- Updated ViOrb to version 2.0
- Updated VisualTooltip to version 2.2
- Updated Welcome Center to pre-configure user account with system optimized option on the first run in that user account
Creating a restore point before installing Vista Transformation Pack is recommended, since it will alter various system settings (including the registry)
- How to make Windows XP look like Windows Vista
- How to convert a basic disk to a dynamic disk in Windows Vista
- How to bypass the login page in Windows Vista
- How to resize icons in Windows Vista the easy way
- How to enable the hidden boot logo in Windows Vista
- How to Import Internet Explorer and Opera settings into Firefox
- A list of useful Windows commands and tools
- Download Windows Vista screensavers for Windows XP
This post was written by: cyberst0rm
Blogging about technology since 2007. Feel free to leave a comment below.