Thursday, 30 August 2007
A common annoyance many users of Windows Vista have is the constant need need to enter their username and password when logging on to Windows Vista. After applying this simple technique you will effectively bypass the Windows Vista login page and log in automatically with your Windows user account. Administrator privilege is required to implement this. Here's how its done:
- Press Windows key + R (This brings up the Run dialog box)
- Type netplwiz and press Enter (This launches the user accounts utility)
- Untick Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer and click Apply.
- Enter the login and password (if required) that should be used to login to your Windows Vista and clock OK.
- A restart may be required.
Note: This affects all users accessing the Windows Vista PC. They will all be logged in with the user account you specified.
- How to install Windows Vista's fonts in Windows XP
- Download Windows Vista screensavers for Windows XP
- Simple tips to help reduce stress
- How to use Google to access blocked websites
This post was written by: cyberst0rm
Blogging about technology since 2007. Feel free to leave a comment below.