Tuesday, 07 February 2012
This article explains simply how to fix the Generic Host for Win32 error on Windows XP systems. Simply follow the steps below:
Three additional fixes for Generic Host For Win32 Error in Windows XP:
- Click Start -> Run and type regedit (This launches the Registry Editor)
- Navigate to:
- In the right-hand window pane you will see a value called IsDomainMaster
- Double click IsDomainMaster and set its value to FALSE and click Ok
- Restart your computer
- Click Start -> Run and type cmd (This launches the command prompt)
- In the command prompt window type netsh and press Enter
- Now type winsock and press Enter
- Now type rest and press Enter.
- Restart your computer.
Download Microsoft's Fix
You can read our original post (How to fix Generic Host for Win32 and svchost.exe error in Windows XP) which is a guaranteed fix!
Fixing the Generic Host for Win32 error on Windows XP system need not be a chore.
This post was written by: cyberst0rm
Blogging about technology since 2007. Feel free to leave a comment below.