Thursday, 01 November 2007
There is a registry setting in Windows Vista that hides and shows all hidden and system files. You can access and modify this registry key with these steps:
1. Click the Start orb and type regedit.
2. Open the Registry Editor.
3. Click the plus sign next to HKEY_CURRENT_USER (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE for to enforce for all users)
then click on Advanced
4. On the right side, double-click the SuperHidden key.
5. Set this key to a value of 0 if you want to enable hidden and system files to appear.
Set it to 1 to disable hidden and system files from being viewed.
- How to stop Windows from asking to your restart after an update
- How to fix "BOOTMGR is missing" in Windows Vista
- How to enable the hidden boot logo in Windows Vista
- How to make Windows Vista shut down services faster
- How to extend Windows Vista's 30 day activation period (legally)
This post was written by: cyberst0rm
Blogging about technology since 2007. Feel free to leave a comment below.