Tuesday, 27 November 2007
After a fair bit of waiting, Firefox 3 Beta 1 is now available for download from the official Mozilla website. This eagerly awaited version brings with it bug fixes, code changes, new features and an improved browsing experience.
New features outlined below:
* Improved security features: better presentation of website identity and security, malware protection, stricter SSL error pages, anti-virus integration in the download manager, and version checking for insecure plugins.
* Improved ease of use: better password management, easier add-on installation, new download manager with resumable downloading, full page zoom, animated tab strip, and better integration with Windows Vista and Mac OS X.
* Richer personalization: one-click bookmarking, smart search bookmark folders, direct typing in location bar searches your history and bookmarks for URLs and page titles, ability to register web applications as protocol handlers, and better customization of download actions for file types.
* Improved platform features: new graphics and font rendering architecture, major changes to the HTML rendering engine to provide better CSS, float-, and table layout support, native web page form controls, colour profile management, and offline application support.
* Performance improvements: better data reliability for user profiles, architectural improvements to speed up page rendering, over 300 memory leak fixes, and a new XPCOM cycle collector to reduce entire classes of leaks.
Firefox 3 Beta 1 is available for download in 20 different languages for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
Get it here
- How to open accidentally closed tabs in Firefox
- How to increase the number of simultaneous download in Firefox- Download Sparky: The official Alexa toolbar for Firefox
- How to increase the number of simultaneous download in Firefox
- Firefox gone wild - Over 200 extensions installed
- How to bypass the login page in Windows Vista
- How to search Rapidshare for any file
This post was written by: cyberst0rm
Blogging about technology since 2007. Feel free to leave a comment below.