Tuesday, 14 August 2007
- When a person dies, hearing is the last sense to go — the first is usually sight, followed by taste, smell and touch.
- A human head remains conscious for about 15 to 20 seconds after it has been decapitated.
- 100 people choke to death on pens each year. One is more likely to be killed by a champagne cork than by a spider.
- Alexander’s funeral would have cost $600 million today. A road from Egypt to Babylon was built to carry his body.
- When inventor Thomas Edison died in 1931, his friend Henry Ford captured his last dying breath in a bottle.
- Over 2500 left-handed people are killed each year from using products made for right-handed people.
- It takes longer than ever before a body to decompose due to preservatives in the food that we eat these days.
- An eternal flame lamp at the tomb of a Buddhist priest in Nara, Japan has kept burning for 1,130 years.
- Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry is the first person to have his ashes put aboard a rocket and ‘buried’ in space.
- Japanese factory worker Kenji Urada became the first known fatality caused by a robot in July, 1981, in a car plant.
- The quotes of George W. Bush
- Airport Security
- How to use Google to search for torrents
- How to hide hard drives in Windows XP
- Download Sparky: The Official Alexa toolbar for Firefox
This post was written by: cyberst0rm
Blogging about technology since 2007. Feel free to leave a comment below.