A useful feature found under Messages on Blackberry devices is the Delete Prior function. When selected all email prior to the date you select gets wiped from your Blackberry smartphone. Sometimes though, when you select Delete Prior no email or messages get deleted.
Asking around, most people suggest a battery pull or failing that, a wipe of the phone. There is a less drastic fix. Follow these steps:
- On your Blackberry, go to Messages
- Press the Menu key and go to Options
- Go to General Options
- Set Hide Filed Messages to Yes
- Press the Menu key and click Save
- Go back to Messages. You should now be able to Delete Prior emails