Monday, 20 December 2010
How to install the Active Directory Schema snap-in in Windows Server 2003
I've received about 5 seperate emails recently from friends and techs asking about how to install the Active Directory Schema snap-in in their legacy Windows Server 2003 systems. Its a simple enough task.
Here are the steps:
- Click Start -> Run (the Command Prompt window will open)
- Type regsvr32 schmmgmt.dll and click OK
The Active Directory Schema should now show up under Admintrative Tools.
If it does not, follow these steps:
- Click Start -> click Run
- Type mmc in the Command Prompt window and click OK.
- Click File -> click Add/Remove Snap-in. Now click click Add.
- Under Available Standalone Snap-ins, double-click Active Directory Schema, click Close, and then click OK.
This post was written by: cyberst0rm
Blogging about technology since 2007. Feel free to leave a comment below.