Wednesday, 16 May 2007
By default, all blogger templates have the nofollow attribute enabled. This is done primarily to prevent comment spam (i.e people posting links to dodgy sites)
The nofollow attribute, when enabled, instructs search engine crawlers to not follow the link, thereby preventing spam content from being indexed.
This post will show you how to remove the nofollow attribute, thereby making your blogs comment section do follow! We do this because, any comment with a link in it will get counted as a backlink which increases the popularity of the site whose link was left. The more real links you have on other websites, the better for your site as search engines will count these links towards your sites popularity, which can greatly help boost your page-rank.
If your worried about spam, simply enable comment moderation in your blogger settings. Here's how to remove the nofollow attribute:
- Log in to blogger- On your Dashboard, select Layout. This will take you to the Template tab. Click Edit HTML. Under the Edit Template section you will see you blog's HTML.
- Tick Expand Widget Templates
- Scroll down the HTML and look for the code listed below:
The above listed code pertains to your blog's comment block.
- Notice the red text: rel='nofollow'
- Delete rel='nofollow' and save the template. We're done!
This post was written by: cyberst0rm
Blogging about technology since 2007. Feel free to leave a comment below.